Saturday, June 26, 2010

What Happened with You And My Jacket??*



KARATE KID

(17 JUNE 2010)








IT WAS FUN!! This movie is totally awesome. It truely is! I'm not dissapointed to watch Karate Kid instead of Toy Story 3, because we were in between them at the time, and Karate Kid won. By the way, actually, what people wanted so much from Toy Story 3? I really don't know. In my mind, I guess it's gonna be the same as Shrek 4, which the plot is not much different from the previous series. What do they want? Entertainment? Probably not, because you'll get it in Karate Kid and perhaps you'll even have it much more entertaining. I really laughed, you know. I didn't laugh that much watching recent movies. Karate Kid is an epic.







The story is about Xiao Dre (that's how Mr. Han calls Dre). He really hates moving to China, but he and his mother have to move because of mother's job. Cheng makes Dre hate it more. Everytime they meet, he and his Kung Fu gang always make a mess with him firstly because Dre has a crush on Mei Ying. It becomes worse when Dre knows that he's in the same school with Cheng and the gang. In Cheng's Kung Fu school, Master Li teaches his students to show no mercy to enemies. That's totally wrong and Mr. Han knows that. Then Han and Li make a deal that brings Dre to a Kung Fu tournament against the participants (but we already know in the final, Dre has to defense against Cheng). Mr. Han himself, the Kung Fu master who never teaches anyone, teaches Dre the 'right ' Kung Fu and it really works.



Are you thinking what I'm thinking?? That the title should be 'Kung Fu Kid' not 'Karate Kid'? Ya, whatever, it doesn't matter actually... This is the first Jackie Chan's film I watch, I don't like asian movies, and now I just realize that JC is really really cool though he looks old. But, this film shows too much violances, that's the only thing I hate.You know, whenever Dre was bullied, my mind was screaming like, " Somebody, please help!! Isn't there anyone there?!". But Kung Fu film is not going to be good without fighting and punching, so again, it doesn't matter :D . Oh, wait, there's one thing that bothers me so much. In My Name Is Khan, Sam is striken in one time with frequent punches and a ball strike, then he's dead. But Dre is striken in more than one time with some Kung Fu movements which seem horrifying and he's always still alive. I wonder how a 12-year-old kid can survive from the strikes. Oh, movies...



Overall, this film is really funny, entertaining, and touching. I hardly held my tears in the scene where Mr. Han broke his own car and told Dre about his daughter. And everytime Dre seems to cry, I do too. I can't ever stand it seeing a boy cries, never.. Did you read my review about My Name Is Khan?



And when Dre defeats Cheng in the tournament, It's the coolest thing I've ever seen, I was singing 'I will fight till forever...' again and again, though Dre almost cries or he really cries, I don't know.. T.T, so the feeling was complicated actually. We applaused in the moment, I wanted it to be standing applause but it's just not possible.



Now let's talk about the very last ending. Just 4 words: I Don't Like It. What I'm talking is the scene where Cheng and the gang kick his master out and turn to respect Master Han. It's kinda usual, I often see an ending like that. But for million times I say, it doesn't matter. The awesomeness of the whole performances can cover all the flaws.



After the end, finally, the song plays................................!! Never Say Never!!! Gosh, I love that song so much. It's just an addition for the awesomeness of the movie. Started by Jay Sean's Do You Remember (If I’m not mistaken, coz I forgot) and ended by JB & Jsmith's Never Say Never. Great!



*And about the title above, if you wanna know why I gave that title, just watch the movie! ^^



Oh, wait!! Once again let me tell you that I'm not a huge fan of JB. Keep it on mind.





"Being still and do nothing are two different things" - Mr. Han -


"Nothing on earth isn't cool if you can master it" - Mr.Han -


0 comments:

Post a Comment