Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Hunger Games: Reading and Watching.




I watched The Hunger Games on theater three days ago. I haven't read the books, though. I always watch the movie version first, anyway, then I'll decide whether to read the book or not.  I remember saying this after watching the movie:

"I think even Hunger Games movie is better than Harry Potter movies." 

When I said that, I hadn't even realized the actual reasons yet, I just felt that way. All think was:

1. Harry Potter is all darkness, humors don't even help. The filmmakers make it that way. Hunger Games doesn't involve humor as much as HPs do, but magically it's lighter, not too horror, it's exact. 
2. I haven't read the Hunger Games books, yes. But when I was watching the movie, why did I feel like reading and watching altogether? When I watched the movie, it felt real. When I watched HP, "oh someone has made a movie and I'm watching it." Hunger Games movie feels like the real book adaptation. Perhaps it's because of the perfect casts, they do not seem to be casted to attract people to watch the movie, but to play book characters. And I think it's also because even without reading the book first, I did get the plot. While some friends of mine who indeed watched HP from the first movie (but definitely did not read the books at all) did frequently ask me how the plot actually went whenever we discussed HP.

My thought was still a bit rough.. erm, no, a bit abstract. Right? hahaha. I knew it was good, better, but I just didn't know how to deliver the reasons by words. Perhaps this article from Mugglenet explains much better: 



Do not ever read anything for a half, read the whole article above here :)

All the article says is soooooo true! I totally agree! Don't know yet with the books part though because, again, I haven't read the books.

Have you watched the movie yet? What do you think? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment