Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho

Wonder how did I spend the last weekend? The answer is I was trapped in this book:


The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho. The story of Athena, the mysterious woman, told by people who know her well, who barely know her, and even people who never meet her. These people accompany Athena through her steps to become what later people know as The Witch of Portobello. The plot flows through the story that jumps from one person to another person which was something new to me and what made me feel excited to read it.

What's really something from this book is that it tells me a story from a witch/paranormal/whatever-you-call-it point of view. All this time, I judged psychics only from a normal person's point of view like they are abnormal, scary, mysterious, related to some kind of black magic, etc. I hadn't got the idea that psychics are also human, that they are just like us but with additional power (whether it is given or something constructed). All the sacrifices and suffers that Athena experiences really change my view about psychics. It's not easy to be a psychic.

After all, this is quite a good book if you need something a bit serious but meaningful to read. I learnt a lot from this book. :)

Don't be like those people who believe in "positive thinking" and tell themselves that they're loved and strong and capable. You don't need to do that, because you know it already. And when you doubt it do as I suggested. Instead of trying to prove that you're better than you think, just laugh. Laugh at your worries and insecurities. View your anxieties with humor. ~ Edda

0 comments:

Post a Comment