Saturday, April 10, 2010

Clash of The Titans



Director : Louis Leterrier

Cast :
  • Sam Worthington as Perseus
  • Liam Neeson as Zeus, the leader of the Gods of Mount Olympus
  • Ralph Fiennes as Hades, God of the Underworld
  • Gemma Arterton as Io
  • Alexa Davalos as Andromeda



"I can't understand why friends of mine said this movie is not that good, the story is predictable just like Percy Jackson (ha! I haven't watched that movie, guess I'll just wait the DVD to come out), or whatever.. Well, I think again and I can't refuse because they're right. Let me tell ya, the story is so simple : Perseus' adventure to save Argos. But It's appeared in the form of Greek Mythology.

--Perseus, a part-man-part-god was the son of Zeus whose brother is Hades. Zeus created the mankind and he loved them so much. But once, the people from Argos destroyed Zeus' image. Zeus was angry and the evil Hades persuaded him to punish the men. And on and on... Finally, Perseus had to face the Kraken and defeated it. Perseus won and The End.--

As simple as Alice in Wonderland. I know why : this is a remake. Alice is not a remake but it is based on an old famous book. Clash of The Titans is a remake from an old movie in the same title. Both Titanic and Romeo Juliet are so famous and fabolous at their age. Now, if I watch them again, I can't see any special thing on them, there are many more stories which are more complicatedly amazing.

But, but, but... For them who like Greek Legend and fantasy so much, this movie is definitely a-must-see film. And I was one of them when I was at senior high school. Now? I dunno, perhaps half-yes half-no. Haha...

Here is what I mean. I used to just imagine those Zeus, Olympus, Pegasus, Andromeda, Perseus, and others, but now, I can see it, I can watch it visually. The story became clear to me. Isn't that great??!! Well, okay, yes, I haven't watched the old Clash of the Titans, perhaps that's why this film is so so so so so so great for me.

Perhaps again, my sense of fantasy is stronger than others. Because this also happened when I watched The Golden Compass. Nobody said the movie was great, it was just me, even I bought the second book of His Dark Material series : The Subtle Knife. Most of them said they didn't understand the story. Unfortunate, because I thought the story was even greater than Harry Potter series. And I was very dissapointed when I knew the movie wouldn't be continued because the previous film didn't gain much succes. Huh.. -_- "








0 comments:

Post a Comment