Monday, May 02, 2011

This is a free verse kind of poem. Narrative, and no rhymes, I know. I just wanted to make something easy. and.. This is it. :)

Nothing but Darkness
-~ Rima Putriani

I was hiding in the curtain
Trying to stare outside
But all I could see was nothing
I turned around
Trying to see my reflection in the mirror
But all I could see was nothing
Flowers in the room
But i could just smell
I couldn’t see the dress I was wearing
But I could feel the girls’ envy
God..
I couldn’t see anything but darkness
My tears dropped
But someone came in
And called me Darling
I knew it was you , my bridegroom
You took my hands and said, “I Love You and Only You”
And I didn’t have to see the world
to know
That it was smiling to me.

Yes. It's about a blind bride. I was just listening to Taylor Swift's Speak Now and then thinking "What if the bride was blind. It might be very awful."






0 comments:

Post a Comment